The DiVoMiner team is excited to share our participation in the 39th annual conference of the International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR) in Lyon, France. At the conference, we will present our research titled “From Within: A Reflective Equilibrium Outlook on the Ethics Policies of Artificial Intelligence”. This research delves into the ethical considerations surrounding Artificial Intelligence (AI) policies and investigates the underlying principles and values reflected in AI Ethics policies through AI-aided content analysis using the DiVoMiner® platform.
What is the research about?
The rapid advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies has brought forth various ethical concerns that need to be addressed. Issues such as information privacy, biases, intellectual property rights, disinformation, and fake news have become increasingly important. By employing an AI-aided content analysis approach, the researchers provide valuable insights into how different countries enact their own policies and how various industries and sectors respond to the challenges posed by AI.
AI policy focus distribution
How did we use DiVoMiner® for research?
- Database management: The research team utilized the powerful capabilities of DiVoMiner®, an AI-aided content analysis platform with a tailored database management solution. To initiate the analysis, the researchers created a cloud database on the platform comprising 184 ethical guidelines.
- Data exploration: The platform’s data exploration feature instantly generates data visualization tools, providing researchers with a glimpse of the data and highlighting areas of focus.
- AI-aided codebook development: DiVoMiner® also assisted the researchers in generating AI-based categories aligned with their research objectives, enabling quick identification of relevant themes and features within the data for targeted analysis. By leveraging the platform’s robust capabilities, the researchers categorized the documents based on policy approach, sector, country, publisher, and other relevant factors.
- Machine coding and human coding: The researchers employed a coding scheme to examine the coherence and consistency of the AI Ethics policy documents. Incorporating in-built algorithms for sentiment analysis and topic modeling, the platform provided additional automated analysis options.
- Data visualization: The platform enabled the generation of word clouds, analysis of distribution by year and country, and examination of policy approaches and ethical principles, assisting researchers in generating reports and drawing meaningful conclusions regarding the ethical policies of artificial intelligence.
Year and country distribution
With its powerful capabilities, DiVoMiner® has significantly contributed to efficient data management, comprehensive analysis, and insightful visualization for this research work. By leveraging the platform’s AI-aided content analysis features, the researchers gained valuable insights into AI Ethics policies, contributing to the ongoing efforts to address ethical concerns in the field of Artificial Intelligence.